I came across a terrific infograph on my friend Derek’s site, The Points Guide, the other day highlighting some of the trends surrounding travel to our favorite state, Hawaii, from FlipKey, a division of TripAdvisor.
I am partial to the lovely State of Hawaii. I do not know exactly what it is about the fresh ocean air, gorgeous beaches, and delectable tropical cuisine, but I was captured by Hawaii during my first visit in 2006. Then, when I was fortunate to be able to experience Hawaii’s grandeur with my wife, boys, and in-laws, I was forever changed, and feel a deep connection with the islands. This coming from a born and raised Cleveland boy.
FlipKey Travel Trends: Hawaii by vacation rentals site FlipKey.com
As I listen to Jimmy Buffet’s Radio Margaritaville on Sirius/XM, I am taken back to a Hawaiian island. I figured now would be as good a time as any to look back at what we have so far in regards to our Hawaiian experiences.
Listed from most recent to oldest
- Finding a Moment of Solitude Waiting for a Disaster
- Our First Sea Turtle Experience at Kahalu’u Beach Park (Big Island, Hawaii)
- A Little Rain Did Not Keep Us From Viewing the Grand ‘Akaka Falls (Big Island, Hawaii)
- Exploring Peepee Falls and Boiling Pots Along Wailuku River (Big Island, Hawaii)
- Leaving Our Vulnerabilities at Rainbow Falls, Big Island, Hawaii
- Exploring Pearl Harbor and Remembering the Sacrifices
- A Review of the Kona Tiki Hotel (Big Island, Hawaii)
- I Almost Lost My Wedding Ring Again at Hanauma Bay (Oahu, Hawaii)
- Tropical Farms Macadamia Nut Farm (Oahu, Hawaii)
- Touring the Dole Plantation via the Pineapple Express Train
- Oahu Hawaii: Waikiki Beach and the $20 Sand Toys
- A Chocolate Crime Scene at the Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber
- Mission Accomplished: We Have Returned from Vacation
- The Hawaiian Waterfall Gods Were Watching Over Me
Here are some of the articles on planning for the trip.
- Sharky’s Airplane Bag has Goldfish Crackers; Mommy’s Bag Has Money for Emergency Wine
- Toddlers on a Plane are Harder to Entertain than Snakes
- We Are Headed to Teddy Bear World Hawaii
- The Value of a Free Car Seat with Vehicle Rental
- Go!Mokulele $69 Hawaiian Inter-Island Airfare Sale
- So Our Hawaii Flights Now Cost $255
- Points or Points + Cash for Priority Club Stays?
- How We Are Going to Hawaii and Disney for $30
Hopefully in some way we are able to inspire you to take that trip of a lifetime. Traveling for really cheap is all possible with a little bit of work and patience.
Save Money, Travel More!
© 2012 – 2014, inacents.com. All rights reserved.