Hopefully by the time this post finds you, the American Express Small Business Saturday (November 24, 2012) registration it not full. The amount of registrations is limited, so hurry.
Anyone who carries an American Express card is eligible to register, and should absolutely do so. Then, on Saturday, November 24, after your belly is finally settled from all your turkey festivities, and your wallets are drained from Black Friday, than it is time to pull out the AMEX plastic, and let those small businesses know you appreciate them. After spending $25 in a single transaction, you will receive a $25 credit.
If you follow us on Facebook, you might also have been fortunate enough to win a $25 AMEX gift card from Fedex. We did, and paired with the $25 statement credit, we have a free $50 that we can use on Small Business Saturday.
I am excited that this year I can finally partake in the Small Business festivities because this is the first year I have held an American Express card (Hilton HHonors). I have honestly been quite impressed by how many points I have earned since opening up the card.
Besides the 50,000 points I earned for opening the card, my $4,000+ in spend since June has earned us a total of 63,110 Hilton HHonors points. It blows my mind how much using a simple credit card can skyrocket balances of points and miles.
I am also super excited that we will be in Williamsburg over Thanksgiving break, and staying at a Hilton property. At 6 points per dollar spent, we are going to receive some nice bonuses in addition Small Business Saturday spend.
American Express 65,000 Hilton HHonors Offer
Now is a good time to also bring up that American Express Hilton HHonors card is offering for a limited time (Offer Expires November 30, 2012) 65,000 points. I mentioned above I applied for this card over the summer and the best offer at the time was only 50,000 points.
- Get 40,000 HHonors Bonus Points when you spend $750 with your Card within the first three months of Card membership.
- Get an additional 25,000 Bonus Points when you spend $3,000 with your Card within the first six months of Card membership.
Additional card benefits include:
- Earn 6 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points for every dollar of eligible purchases at any participating hotel within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands, at U.S. stand-alone supermarkets, at select major drugstores, on gasoline at U.S. stand-alone gas stations, and for U.S. wireless and home telephone, cable TV and satellite TV service. You will receive 3 HHonors Bonus Points for each dollar of other eligible purchases.
- No Annual Fee
- No Blackout Dates: No blackout dates when redeeming for hotel stays
- Silver Status: Complimentary Silver status for life of membership
In case you missed it, this card comes with no annual fee, making it an excellent long-term credit builder.
Note, this is also not my affiliate link, but the best offer that I am aware at this time.
Save Money, Travel More!
© 2012, inacents.com. All rights reserved.