Do you have any flights scheduled with Delta or hotel stays planned with Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) properties? Than you might want to consider registering for the new Crossover Rewards promotion through SPG. However, before you jump in to register, there are some things you need to be aware of with the program.
1) You need to be an elite member of either program to enjoy the benefits. This means SPG Platinum and Gold members and/or SkyMiles Diamond, Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion® members.
2) Make sure you are registered at least 48 hours prior to your check out or scheduled flight.
3) Hotel stays with SPG will result in earning one Delta Skymile for each dollar spent in addition to Starpoints.
Flights on Delta will earn one Starpoint for every dollar spent or a flat 500 Starpoints in addition to earned Skymiles.
4) Additional charges incurred at a hotel (food, beverages, laundry, valet, etc.) will not earn Crossover Rewards.
5) Flights need to be purchased directly from Delta and not through third parties (Travelocity, etc.)
Basically Starwood is doing the same thing Hilton has been doing for years, allowing you to double dip your rewards. I like seeing the additional features for guests, it is just to bad it is only limited for elite members. I am going to venture this is a test to see how it works out, and possibly down the line they will open up the program to everyone.
Save Money, Travel More!
© 2013, inacents.com. All rights reserved.